Club trip to the Arrowsmiths Range, August 20-22nd
This will be a trip into the Cameron River to climb peaks from CMC’s Cameorn Hut.
Here’s info on the Arrowsmith range accessed from Cameron river. https://climbnz.org.nz/nz/si/canterbury/rakaia-river/cameron-river
Its a 4-5hr walk from carpark to Cameron hut.
Some good objectives from cameron hut:
- the marquee south ridge grade 1
- east horn from douglas glacier grade 2- / north couloir grade 2-
- tent peak north couloir grade 3-
- mt arrowsmith central couloir grade 3-
- the couloir on couloir peak grade 3
- jagged-upham couloir grade 5
We’ll camp in the carpark Friday night, walk in Saturday to Cameron Hut/glacier high camp. Climb Sunday and walk out and back to Christchurch.
Get in touch with the trip leader, Alastair McDowell to express interest and to be added to the group chat to find climbing partners, discuss objectives. firstname.lastname@example.org.