An important part of the CMC is volunteer-organised trips. Many members will have had their first alpine experiences on club trips. It is thanks to CMC members organising CMC Club Trips that we can share our skills & knowledge with others to enjoy the mountains around Canterbury and beyond.
Lead a Trip!
We are always looking for people to volunteer and lead some trips. The Trips Officer will help you to formulate your idea and advertise it to the club via the website, email and Facebook group. Trips are easy to organise with our slick system!
- Purple Hill Fun Run and Swim – 10 December 2022
- Mt Sefton via West Ridge – 5-10 January 2023
- Twin Stream Meet – 20-22 January 2023
- Cloudy Peak Meet – 28-29 January 2023
- Gardens of Allah & Eden – 4-9 February 2023
- Mt Somers Mountain Run – 11 March 2023
- Cass Lagoon Saddle Mountain Run – 18-19 March 2023
- St James Walkway Mountain Run and Hot Springs! – 25 March 2023
- Kepler Track Mountain Run – 21st – 25th April 2023
- Email the Trips Officer to open up your next trip to other members!
Recent Past Trips
- Mt Guinevere, Arthur’s Pass – June 4-6th 2022
- Mt Armstrong, Arthur’s Pass – June 18-19th 2022
- Arthur’s Pass Mountaineering Weekend – July 16-17th 2022
- Kennedy Lodge Party – July 29th-31st 2022
- CMC Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival – August 11-14 2022
- Rabbiters Peak, Ohau – August 26-28 2022
- Mt Rolleston – Rome Ridge, Arthur’s Pass – August 26-27 2022
- Mt Rolleston – Crow Valley – Sep 3-4 2022
- Arrowsmiths Meet – Sep 16-18 2022
- Mt Murchison – 24-25 September 2022
- Empress Hut Meet – 22-24 October 2022
Keen for some inspiration for suitable mountaineering objectives? Have a look through the CMC Trips Directory and start planning your next mission!
Thursday Club Nights
Thursday nights are CMC club nights! Most Thursdays there will be an evening climbing session organised, either in the Port Hills throughout summer or at the YMCA or Uprising during winter. These typically start from 5pm and are finished off at a local pub for food & drinks afterward. Check the CMC Facebook Group for details, these are usually last minute by a club member.
Check out the News Page for trip reports from CMC members trips.
- Three Passes Marathon, 19-20 February 2022
- Philistine-Rolleston Traverse, 9 April 2022
- Christmas Dinner, Bealey Hotel, 4 December 2021
- Cloudy Peak, 21-22 January 2022
- Fitzgerald Pass Show Weekend, 12-14 November 2021
- Mt Greenlaw, 20-21 November 2021
- Casey Binser Classic, 11 December 2021
- CMC Arrowsmiths Club Trip, Cameron Hut, August 2021
- Family friendly members weekend at Kennedy Lodge, 4-5 September 2021
- Mt Bowen, 31 July-1 August 2021
- Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival, 13-15 August 2021
- Faerie Queene, 3-4 July 2021
- CMC Film Night, 24 June 2021
- CMC Mid Winter Dinner & Awards Night, 26 June 2021
- Two Thumb Range, 6 June 2021
- Three Passes Marathon, 27-28 February 2021
- Cloudy Peak Climbing Meet, 30-31 January 2021
- Empress Hut, Aoraki/Mt. Cook, October 2021
- Wyn Irwin Social Climbing Meet 2021
- Otepatotu Cragging on Banks Peninsula, 24 September 2020
- Ice & Mixed Festival, Queenstown, 12-15 August 2020
- Ben Ohau Range, 1-2 August 2020
- Kennedy Lodge Meet, July 2020