An important part of the CMC is volunteer organised trips. Many members will have had their first alpine experiences on club trips. It is thanks to CMC members organising CMC Club Trips that we can share our skills & knowledge with others to enjoy the mountains around Canterbury and beyond.
Lead a Trip!
We are always looking for people to volunteer and lead some trips. The Trips Officer will help you to formulate your idea and advertise it to the club via the website, email and Facebook group. Trips are easy to organise with our slick system!
- CMC Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival – August 11-14 2022
- Arrowsmiths Meet – August 19-21 2022
- Rabbiters Peak, Ohau – August 26-28 2022
- Mt Rolleston – Rome Ridge, Arthur’s Pass – August 26-27 2022
- Email the Trips Officer to open up your next trip to other members!
Keen for some inspiration for suitable mountaineering objectives? Have a look through the CMC Trips Directory and start planning your next mission!
Thursday Club Nights
Thursday nights are CMC club nights! Most Thursdays there will be an evening climbing session organised, either in the Port Hills throughout summer or at the YMCA or Uprising during winter. These typically start from 5pm and are finished off at a local pub for food & drinks afterward. Check the CMC Facebook Group for details, these are usually last minute by a club member.
Check out the News Page for trip reports from CMC members trips.
Recent past Trips
- Three Passes Marathon, 19-20 February 2022
- Philistine-Rolleston Traverse, 9 April 2022
- Christmas Dinner, Bealey Hotel, 4 December 2021
- Cloudy Peak, 21-22 January 2022
- Fitzgerald Pass Show Weekend, 12-14 November 2021
- Mt Greenlaw, 20-21 November 2021
- Casey Binser Classic, 11 December 2021
- CMC Arrowsmiths Club Trip, Cameron Hut, August 2021
- Family friendly members weekend at Kennedy Lodge, 4-5 September 2021
- Mt Bowen, 31 July-1 August 2021
- Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival, 13-15 August 2021
- Faerie Queene, 3-4 July 2021
- CMC Film Night, 24 June 2021
- CMC Mid Winter Dinner & Awards Night, 26 June 2021
- Two Thumb Range, 6 June 2021
- Three Passes Marathon, 27-28 February 2021
- Cloudy Peak Climbing Meet, 30-31 January 2021
- Empress Hut, Aoraki/Mt. Cook, October 2021
- Wyn Irwin Social Climbing Meet 2021
- Otepatotu Cragging on Banks Peninsula, 24 September 2020
- Ice & Mixed Festival, Queenstown, 12-15 August 2020
- Ben Ohau Range, 1-2 August 2020
- Kennedy Lodge Meet, July 2020